Tourism & Hospitality
tourism & hospitality
WE KNOW TOURISM MATTERS.
The tourism industry supports 1 in 9 American jobs and is the 7th largest private industry sector. In South Dakota, tourism supports an estimated 53,000 jobs and in Wyoming, it represents 12% of the state’s workforce*. The seasonality of this industry can create tax and accounting challenges. That’s where the tax advisors, accountants, and CPAs at Casey Peterson, Ltd. come in. We understand state sales, tourism, and lodging taxes, as well as other unique accounting and audit requirements of the tourism and hospitality industry. We help you organize your financial obligations so you can focus on giving visitors the best experience possible.
OUR tourism & hospitality TEAM
Not only does the seasonality of travel change the way you collect and file taxes, the industry itself has several additional fees that must also be collected. Taxes like state tourism promotion tax, occupancy tax, Downtown Improvement District (DID), Business Improvement District (BID) taxes, municipal sales and gross receipts tax (BBB), sales taxes, and others. That’s why you need the Tourism & Hospitality team at Casey Peterson, Ltd. We understand the tax laws and we can help you comply.
Contact Our Tourism & hospitality Team
The seasonality of the tourism industry creates unique tax and accounting challenges. Contact our team and see how we can assist you.
services we provide the tourism & hospitality industry
- Accounting Financial Statements
- Accounting Software Training and Consulting
- Affordable Care Act Consulting
- Agreed Upon Procedures
- Audit Preparation Services
- Audit, Compilation, and Review
- Benchmarking and Analytic Review
- Board Member and Management Training
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Services (Monthly and Year-End)
- Budgeting, Forecasts, Projections, and Cash Flow Analysis
- Business Transition, Succession, and Wealth Transfer Consulting
- Business Valuation
- Consulting on Changes in Organizational Structure/Entity Selection
- Divisive Reorganization
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Estate Planning
- Fraud Examinations
- Interim Controller, CFO, and Business Office Services
- IRS Representation
- Job Costing and Overhead Analysis
- Joint Venture Consulting and Analysis
- Litigation Support
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Reorganizations
- Payroll Processing and Payroll Tax Services
- Risk Advisory, Internal Audit, and Internal Controls
- Strategic Planning
- Tax Preparation and Planning
- Tourism Tax Reporting
- Wealth Management and Financial Planning Services
tourism & hospitality companies we serve
* U.S. Travel Association travel statistics, 2017
We’re looking for clients who believe in good customer service. Clients who want CPAs, accountants, and financial advisors who are big picture thinkers and ethical problem solvers. We’re looking for relationships, not transactions.
If you want the same, we should talk. Let's get in touch.