(Closed) Now Hiring Senior Associate (Rapid City, SD)
(Closed) Now Hiring Senior Associate (Rapid City, SD)
We're not number crunchers; we're financial strategists who love helping people. We're looking for the right person to fill a mid-level management position. The ideal candidate will have the drive and skills to develop client relationships and have a solid understanding of our core values and focus. In this position, your main role will be to take responsibility for higher-level work and be the primary relationship manager for new and existing clients, cultivate referrals, and create new leads through the CP Way.
Supervisory Responsibilities: You'll need to provide clear guidance and training to others and effectively delegate tasks related to specific projects and engagements under our firm's Industry Leaders' direction.
Your duties may include:
- Accounting client fieldwork, which includes:
- Analyzing financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital to prepare a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports that summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions,
- Conducting frequent internal communication to make sure that the owner or manager in charge, supervisor, and subordinates are informed of job status, problems, and additional service opportunities.
- Audit client fieldwork, which includes:
- The ability to perform risk assessments related to engagements and develop a
- preliminary engagement plan.
- Determining the extent of testing required in an engagement and selecting the
- transactions to be tested.
- Participating in and documenting interviews with client management and staff,
- Drafting financial statements including footnotes.
- Discussing audit results and conclusions with local client management,
- Directing and instructing other team members on engagements including the
- delegation of duties in work to be performed and working paper review,
- Participating in preparing audit reports.
- Conducting frequent internal communication to make sure that the owner or
- manager in charge, supervisor, and subordinates are informed of job status,
- problems, and additional service opportunities.
- Knowledge and regular use of firm research materials.
- Tax client work relating to accounting engagements, which includes:
- Researching simple to complex tax matters.
- Analyzing and formulating tax planning strategies to satisfy client business and tax objectives.
- Preparing individual, corporate, partnership, fiduciary, nonprofit, and estate tax returns.
- Conducting frequent internal communication to make sure that the owner or in charge, and subordinates are informed of job status, problems, and additional service opportunities.
- Directing and instructing other team members on engagements including the delegation of duties.
- Informing Industry Leaders of engagement developments, analyzing problems, and recommending solutions for assigned client list.
- Assisting Industry Leaders in preparing in-house training programs, including CPE, to train other team members.
We ask that all our team members:
- Possess and apply a solid understanding of accounting principles as they relate to
- client assignments.
- Possess a general understanding of various services the firm provides and clearly
- explain them to clients.
- Follow regulations and professional ethics of the AICPA and state society.
- Respond to existing client inquiries and requests within one business day.
- Assist in engagement planning by drafting or preparing confirmations, engagement
- letters, planning letters, and setting up files.
- Adhere to engagement budget constraints and complete assigned tasks within the
- time requested.
- Attain utilization and realization goals.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Follow the firm's procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Maintain confidentiality of the firm and its clients at all times.
- Show up for work regularly and be punctual.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of hours worked.
- Perform all other duties their manager assigns.
- Employees should be familiar with the firm's most recent marketing plan and the expectations that apply to their position. We might ask employees to develop annual marketing goals related to the expectations in the firm's marketing plan.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting or at least two years equivalent work experience. We'd also prefer that you want to pursue licensing or other designations for a related field.
Other Skills and Tools:
- Working knowledge of computers and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge of professional pronouncements such as FAS, SAS, GAAS, and GAAP
- Understanding of the general ledger accounting structure
- Ability to analyze and reconcile accounting data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Accurate, organized, and timely work habits
- Valid driver's license
Physical and Mental Demands: In this position, there will likely be some bending, stooping, as well as occasional light lifting, repetitive motion, and sitting for long periods. You'll need to have the manual dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard, fax, copier machines, and other office equipment. You'll also need to have the ability to work in an occasionally high-stress environment.
Working Conditions: You'll be working in a typical office setting for a significant percentage of the time. However, your work environment might change depending on a client's needs and the services we provide for that client. Sometimes, that client's work is outside. Throughout the year, we may require you to work overtime occasionally, and sometimes, that overtime can be significant if your direct supervisor determines there's a need for it. Also, there is occasional overnight travel.
Outside Contacts: Client personnel, government agency officials, and bankers to resolve issues, research transaction discrepancies, interview to gather information, and follow up on client satisfaction.
Every employee works for Casey Peterson, LTD, not for any particular supervisor or department. Accordingly, employees are expected to act in the firm's best interest, even if doing so requires actions or responsibilities not listed in the above job description.
DON'T LIKE NUMBERS? WE DO.
At Casey Peterson, LTD, we understand not everyone loves the complexities of accounting like we do. That's what sets us apart from the rest. Our CPAs, accountants, and financial advisors truly love numbers, solving problems, and creating business and financial strategies for our clients.
We’re looking for clients who believe in good customer service — clients who want CPAs, accountants, and financial advisors who are big-picture thinkers and ethical problem solvers. We’re looking for relationships, not transactions.
If you want the same, we should talk.